• It is mandatory for the Author of the Poster/Free Paper Podium Presentation to be registered for the conference.
• The abstract should have the Title as well as the Author’s name.
• All abstracts must be submitted in text format only.
• Abstracts should be in English, with a maximum of 250 words.
• Only Times New Roman, 12-point font with single spacing should be used.
• Abstracts of Research Papers should be of originally, previously unpublished work and should provide a brief description of research objectives, methodology, theory and summary of results and/or conclusions.
• Do not include any charts, bibliographies or footnotes.
• Standard abbreviations may be used without definition, but nonstandard abbreviations / acronyms should be placed in parentheses after the first use of the terminology. It is important to keep nonstandard abbreviations / acronyms to a minimum, to allow for readability and understanding.
• Abstracts for Oral and Digital Poster presentations may be submitted for any of the following session theme tracks. The number of Oral presentation slots for contributed talks is limited to 2-3 talks per theme track, to be selected by the Conference Technical Committee based on novelty, originality and relevance to the theme.
• Theme Tracks :
➢ S1 - Evidence-based Beauty and Wellness through functional ingredients
➢ S2 - New sensory trends in formulations
➢ S3 - Next-generation perfumery
➢ S4 - Evolving Safety and Regulatory Landscape in Asia
➢ S5 - Sustainable supply chains and Circular Economy models
An additional theme track is available for Digital Poster presentations only.
➢ S6– New and emerging science
• Papers presented in the ASCS 2024 Goa could be accepted for publication by the IFSCC magazine provided they comply with the IFSCC Authors’ Guidelines* • Deadline for Abstract Submission : 15th November 2023.
• Abstract acceptance will be sent via e-mail by 31st December 2023 to the Primary Author only.
• In case you need any further assistance, contact the Event Management Team Amit +91 77380 86391 / Rupesh +91 7738086388 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Authors’ Guidelines for Publications in the IFSCC Magazine
Protocol for Paper SubmissionsThe IFSCC Magazine is dedicated to the publication of papers related to cosmetic science and related disciplines. It is published quarterly as an online version on the IFSCC homepage: www.ifscc.org.
Manuscript ProtocolThe following format will be used for all papers submitted to the IFSCC Magazine. Articles need to be double spaced for the benefit of the reviewers. Names and affiliations of all authors will need to be provided together with contact details (phone and e-mail address) of the corresponding author.
TitleThe title should be concise and generally describe the content of the paper.
AbstractThe paper must be preceded by a clear abstract of no more than 200 words. The abstract should include in the following information:
KeywordsSpecify five keywords that characterize your publication best.
PaperThe paper should begin with a brief introduction section which should include the basis for the research, background information on the subject, a proposal on why the research is being conducted, and anticipated results. The introduction is to be followed by an experimental section that is to include all details on the experimental materials, methods and instrumentation used throughout the research as well as an explanation of any statistical analysis techniques employed for the validation of data. A results and discussion section (either as separate sections or combined into one section) will follow which should include a discussion on the analysis and significance of the data presented. The paper should be summarized with a short and concise conclusion section. Professional acknowledgements of colleagues and other associates involved in the research are encouraged.
ReferencesrOnly papers closely related to the article should be cited. All references should be cited numerically according to the order in which they appear in the text of the manuscript. It means that the references are indicated in the text by a number in square brackets, i.e. , , ... They must include in the following order:
For articles:Rodrigues, F.F., Smith, D., Hoffmann, E., and Wiechers, J.W., The Cosmetics of Alice in Wonderland, Int. J. Cosm. Sci., 23 (2007) 23-56.
For books:Rodrigues, F.F., and Smith, D., Wizards and cosmetic science, in: Hoffmann, E., and Wiechers, J.W. (Eds.), Harry Potter’s World of Cosmetics and Other Lizards, Verlag für chemische Industrie, Augsburg, Germany, 2007, 23rd Edition, pp. 34-56.
Authored chapter in edited publication:Glennon RA, Dukat M. Serotonin receptors and drugs affecting serotonergic neurotransmission. In: Williams DA, Lemke TL, editors. Foye's principles of medicinal chemistry. 5th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2002.
For patents:Koganov, M., Bioactive : Compositions from Theacea Plants and Processes for Their Production and Use, U.S. Patent No. 8,318,220 B2- Akzo Nobel Surface Chemistry - (2012).
WebsiteDrug-interactions.com [homepage on the Internet]. Indianapolis: Indiana University Department of Medicine; 2003 [updated 17 May 2006; cited 30 May 2006]. Available from: http://medicine.iupui.edu/flockhart/
AcknowledgementsAn acknowledgement section must be inserted at the end of every submitted paper. Please specify contributors to the article other than the authors accredited. Please also include specifications of the source of funding for the study and any potential conflicts of interests if appropriate. Suppliers of materials should be named and the location of the company headquarters (town, state/county, country) included.
Tables / FiguresAll tables and figures should be numbered consecutively as they appear in the manuscript text. Tables are to use Roman numerals (I/II/III). All figures are to be labeled with Arabic numerals (1/2/3). Tables are written with a capital throughout the text. Captions should always be included for all tables where appropriate. All tables, figures, graphs and accompanying photos should be submitted separate from the text and the accompanying descriptions are not to be included in graph-formats. If such insertions need to be positioned at specific positions within the text, clear instructions must be provided to the publisher at the time the manuscript and accompanying files are submitted.
Units of MeasureAll units are to be expressed in the Metric or SI (System International) form.
Trade NamesThe use of company or generic trade names, trademarks, or other commercial reference is prohibited. All common chemicals or commercial chemical derivatives must be referred to by their chemically generic, U.S.P., N.F. or I.N.C.I. designated names. If a material is not listed in any of the above sources of chemical references and a proprietary or trade name must be cited in the manuscript, then the name of the manufacturer, address and general chemical composition or structural composition must be described or provided as a footnote.
Official LanguageAll papers are to be written in U.S. English, which has been deemed the official language of the IFSCC Magazine. This should be consistent through-out the entire text of the paper and in all graphs, figures and tables. The only exception to this would be in the use of references where the original wording is used, regardless of language, to facilitate searching for a particular paper.
General Paper FormatText Data Files: Use any Word data files except Amipro, send pictures separately from the text, do not include picture headings in graphic data files.
Picture and Graphic Data Files:Optimal TIFF format 32 bit resolution: Color: 300 dpi/inch Bitmap (greyish): 600 dpi/inch Graphics: 1200 dpi/inc; Alternative TIFF format 24 bit resolution (very important) see TIFF above; Optimal JP(E)G format CMYK format (32 bit), Quality: 8 or higher, Resolution (very important) see TIFF above; Alternative JP(E)G Format RGB format (24 bit), Quality: 6 or higher, Resolution (very important) see TIFF above; PowerPoint Format is possible too.